headaches after a stroke
My mother had a stroke 2 ane a half years ago and she is suffering with a constent headache still. Is this normal or could it be the medication she is on. She has been to the doctors about this but no information or cure was offered to her.
I need some help with this as I am very worried about her.
What medications is she on?  Depends what kind of a stroke she had but normally, strokes don't result in long-term headaches.
Will ask the same question.What medications she is on. I also had a stroke 6 months ago and realised that  DIPYRIDAMOLE cause terrible headache.stop taking this helped a lot but still have  headache in some part of the day .do not take any painkiller as l have been told that painkiller is not good for stroke sufferer.can anybody help me for my headache
I just found your posting, and it's probably too late to reach you, but yes, migraines can be caused by strokes.  I had my stroke almost 4 years ago, and have been battling severe 24/7 migraines ever since.  A lot of treatments have helped the pain.  But when they are caused by a stroke, it is very hard to treat them.  I would be happy to talk with you or anyone else further about it.
yes migraines can be ccaused by strokes. I had stroke 2/3 years ago. I was having daily migraines so I called my dr & requested a ct scan of sinuses, since I have a history of sinus problems. I got call day after to go to my neurologist, got in same day, he said I had 3.5 mg stroke on right frontal lobe. I was lucky to be alive. I was very luck I had no disability except in my thinking process, and migraines. I was a telephone operator and could not work through one day without a migraine & could not concentrate on customer accounts. It took 6 months of trial & error of different meds & for me I get a nerve block shots in the back of my head about every six months & take topomax 50mg twice a day. while I dont get daily migraines, just headaches it's better, my mind is still kind of foggy some days but I just figure that's something I have to learn to deal with.
Migraines can be difficult to treat after a stroke.  The fact that you still suffer from headaches is still a bad picture.  I had a major stroke 5 years ago and still suffer from headaches with some severe migraines.  If you're having headaches at least 14 days a month, then you would qualify for Botox injections which gave me amazing relief from my 24/7 severe migraines. How long do your nerve block injections work?  I get both nerve block and trigger point injections every 4 weeks and Botox injections every 10 weeks.  Plus I'm taking medications to help me as well.  Let me know how bad off you still are.  There are other remedies for you.  The foggy mind can be an after effect from your stroke which will get a lot better with time if you've just had your stroke less than a year ago.  I found that my word finding was still improving significantly from year 4 to year 5.