Stroke Community
help for my mom

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

help for my mom

it's been a year since my mom had a stroke, she is in a rehab, but they aren't doing any rehab because they first said she was not responsive enough because she is not able to speak because her tongue is still swollen, she is still unable to speak but she do understand, I had her to write her name, she combs her hair, she will blink once for yes and twice for no, when I question the rehab staff about rehab now they tell me she had exhausted all of her rehab, I don't understand how that could be when they say she's still unresponsive...  she has now developed MRSA a few weeks had went by while they were trying to get her to a dermatologist, we finally got them to take her to the hospital they are treating her for the MRSA, only then did we find out her blood was low and she had to be given blood, what can I do to help her with rehab?
My husband has had a massive stroke back in February this year, his stroke completely killed the left hand side of his brain, which  affected his right side of his body. The doctors said the same thing to me about his rehab you have to fight all the way for your mum, keep insisting that she has to have therapy, tell them that she does respond and explain to them how she is responding, document time and day of responses, insist on a timetable of her therapy's attend her therapy sessions to help to encourage her, everything that I am telling you is what I did and now my husband can walk with a stick. So keep fighting do not give up.
Thanks for your response, I will take your advice and demand that they give my mom therapy, i'm so glad to hear that your husband is improving, my prayers are with him for a full recovery...
Disease and Condition Overview Stroke, or CVA ( cerebrovascular accident ), is characterized by a sudden loss of consciousness and is often accompanied by partial facial paralysis, slurred speech, and hemiplegia. Due to the sudden onset of the disease, Its muhiple symptoms, and the rapid change in condition, stroke is considered similar to properties of wind.

Clinically, it is important to differentiate between the ischemic and hemorrhagic types of stroke. In diagnosis, use CT scans and MRI to assess the location and severity of the stroke. In application of acupuncture therapy, it is crucial to determine the gravity of the disease (whether it is an attack on the zang-fu organs or on the meridians and luo-eonnecting channels), the current stage of the disease (onset. acute, recovery, or stroke rehabilitation) and finally the patients individual clinical specifications ( body constitution.tongue diagnosis, pulse diagnosis, etc.).

The TCM natural treatment will do you a fovor. So why don't you try.
Hope that i help.