hemmoragic stroke at 36
Hi - my name is Sara.  I had an aneurysm which led to a stroke.  I kind of knew I was having an aneurysm because I sweated for like a whole minute (shortly after waking and feeling fine) and had a horrible headache, worse than I ever had before.  My stroke was a bi-product of the aneurysm.  In short, I am young and I don't follow any pre-cursers of having an aneurysm/stroke (I work (worked) out like a fiend, I dont smoke, not overweight (like, at all)).  Very healthy person.  
I have one point and one question.  The point is, I did not die (yay!).  Now I am a 37-year-old who likes to go out with her friends and walks funny.  Young people CAN have a stroke.  I have been kicked out of THREE places because they think I'm loaded by the way I walk.  PEOPLE NEED TO COME OUT OF THEIR HOUSE AND EDUCATE THE MASSES THAT IT IS POSSIBLE THAT YOUNG PEOPLE HAVE STROKES!  
Now my question: why cant I lose weight!?!  (Whahhhh)  I ate everything in the hospital, could not move much, kept gaining weight.  Now that I'm home, I eat healthily and work out, but I still have no balance and still cant jump.  I sweat like a mo-fo!  I cant lose weight!  I read that stroke survivors work 50% harder to do the same tasks as non-stroke survivors.  Well, that explains the sweating.  But when can I ever lose this weight?!?  I am sick of it!  I want to wear my old clothes!
Hello and sorry for the late reply.

If you are completely mobile and work out, then losing weight will be the same as other people who did not have a stroke. To lose weight you have to either cut down the calories in your diet or increase the loss of calories through exercise. Unintentional weight loss gain can occur with hypothyroidism, diabetes, certain medications, depression, eating disorders, and polycystic ovarian syndrome. These can be detected by a simple blood tests. Check with your doctor to rule out these conditions.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.