Stroke Community
inflammation inside left cheek area
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

inflammation inside left cheek area

I had a stroke in dec.2006. After 2years went by I been getting this puffiness or inflammation in the inside my left cheek area. It's hard to explain. It doesn't hurt it's just very irrating. When I start to eat my gums & cheek area on my left inside get puffy or inflamed. Anybody else have simaliar symptoms. I wouldlike to know what causes it. My doctor keeps telling me its due from my stroke.
Related Discussions
1093617_tn?1279305602
Hi, Thank you for your question. Most likely possibility in your case could be effect of post brain stroke and this occurs when the blood supply to the brain is disturbed due to a clot and person may experience severe headache, confusion, loss of vision and facial muscles weakness. Facial muscle weakness leads to puffiness at cheek area. Therefore, the stroke probability in your case is more, I would recommend you to see a neurologist who can evaluate the details of your case and could better determine the insight of your situation. If your neurologist identifies any “red flags” he or she would like to refer you to a neurosurgeon much sooner. Hope this helps.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...