Stroke Community
is a stroke the cause

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

is a stroke the cause

Hello, I have noticed a lot of changes in my husband over a period of time, he insists he is fine and does not need to see a doctor. His right hand shakes out of control on and off all the time when i point it out to him he says its because i am stressing him out? He can't cut any food that takes any effort blames the food or utensil every time, he is extremely slow in dressing himself, can't put his belt through loops anymore, can't write hardly only a tiny bit and its so small you can hardly read it, he is so slow in a lot of ways, he drags he feet and stoops, he has pee on his pants after he visits the loo (every time) wondered if from the shaking? it takes him so long to do anything i.e can't open even a packet such simple things these things have come about over the past 6months or so, i was wondering if he may of had a stroke of some sort, he talks no sense at times, he is 65 on inhalers for  ashma
(for many years)  he says its becase he is getting old, he is exhausted after doing a few minor chores,  I am so worried about him, could you please tell me what you think ? thank you for your advice billy v
To me he has all the symptoms of having multiple strokes, he needs to have medical control over his condition to resolve the strokes. This control would be in the form of blood thinners, evaluation of bp, cholesterol and other factors based on doctors evaluation. Do not wait much longer, he could have a severe stroke leaving him paralyzed or worse. Please write to me for more help
thank you for your advice it is greatly appreciated, i have been trying for so long for him to speak with his gp but i have now given up he is determined he is fine although he says he is so nervous and shakey (shaky) due to his mental health,  being a firefighter for over 30 yrs has taken its tolll the trauma's haunt him he is the hardest person to reason with imaginable, i have witnessed terrible states he gets in, but he won't have it said it nothing but nerves! I will keep pushing it slightly but can't keep on at him because i cause him to get so worked up i feel as i am making things worse, horrible situation to be in, just hope he see's sense. thank you so much
What a predicament!  Can you withdraw from him some, saying that until he is willing to see a doctor, you are not going to cater to him?  Things could get far worse for you as well as him.  Or perhaps you could get some better ideas from a counselor.  He sounds quite demented as well.