Stroke Community
ischeamic mild

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

ischeamic mild

Hi I am 47yrs had a mild stroke 1yr ago and have been on hbp meds and a low to no salt plus I only eat raw veggies drink water mostly exrcse every living day for the last year I lost a lot of weight and feel weak most of the time my doctors recomendation now 1 year later I'm getting worse okay wen I got the stroke something happened between the back right of my neck near my ear  and my shoulder I felt like something go loose  the US test results hasn't coming yet also when I'm assleep my pressure goes upto 200/110 it wakes me up my stroke symptoms increase I can't sleep on my right side cauz I would get up next day with increase effects and pains in the affected area strangely wen I get up twenty minutes after my bp goes down and wen I execise powerwalk it goes down even more like 40mm and 20 mm wat is happening to me doc my docs are stil trying to find out I would appreciate another take on my condition these are the test I took ecg,CT,bt,ut,repeatedly over a year and the ultrasound which was done  but the results hasn't come in yet  my average bp during day is about 145/90 my med is nifeds,aspirin,cresper,they tried other drugs which had no results I am an African male yes I suffer with hbp after my mini stroke I retain full cognitivity numdness from back of ear area through neck etending down to shoulder and arm also contnuing on torso reaching buttocks I look forward for a response thks
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and sorry for the late reply.

You must have had a TIA. Now you should ensure to keep hypertension under check, eat a normal balanced diet and take blood thinners to help with the ischemia. To improve blood flow to the ischemic areas plavix is indicated. The drug is used to prevent heart attacks, strokes, and to treat peripheral vascular disease and claudication. Hypoglycemia could be causing the weakness, eat adequately.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.