Stroke Community
left side brain bleed
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

left side brain bleed

My Dad suffered a massive left side brain bleed 2 days ago 114 ml's. He ia on a vent braething above it and has some pain response. He keeps moving his left side arm and leg. Doctor's are not giving him very good odds. Has anyone had a loved one survive this. He is 73 years old.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Unfortunately it happens all the time. ( I don't know what the actual statistics are.)
I think it's great that you're here, and asking; you're dad is very lucky to have you.  Visit stroke sites and continue to ask questions.  You may not get answers right away, but you'll get support and caring from some very special people.

I had a bleed in 1996 at the age of 36.

Take care,
Sue
Blank
I am in THE SAME SITUATION. My dad is 71 years old.
he had a large bleed in the left side of his brain. The doctor has him on a ventilator to keep swelling and pressure down and also to prevent more bleeding. The doctor tells us that my dad is not unresponsive but I KNOW thats not true. The cause of his injury is still unknown. I wish we had some kind of info just for peace of mind but its good to know there are others out there in this same terrifying and unfortunate predicament.
Hang in there, you're not alone.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank