life after a stroke
hello,
My dad had a massive stroke 9 months ago, he’s left side is completely paralyzed, after physical therapy he has some use of his leg but still, he can’t walk.
He’s aware of everything ad has no problem talking, but from time to time he has some hallucinations about people being around him and talking to him, but snaps to reality after few sec.
But my main concern is his bowel movements, every few days he gets this sharp pain in his bowels and has difficulty knowing if his done, but the pain is making him crazy, yelling and screaming asking us to end his life…
please advice if you have any ideas or has anyone been in a similar situation and can help!
Thank you
hovo23  constipation and a change in bowell habits are common and will have to be remedied even by a change of diet if nothing else !! this alone is enough to change an attitude which is very important towards recovrey and progress           T P
Hallucinations can be a byproduct of some of the drugs hes taking. Talk to the docs about altering the dosage.