Stroke Community
looking for answers

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

looking for answers

I was addmitted to the hospital in may and was diagnosed with a TIA had a Mri and Cat scan done and was told that my test results were normal. I went home and was told to follow up with my doctor a week later and I did I was experiencing bad headaches and weakness on my left side and I was experiencing confusion and referred to a neurologist  In the meantime I ended up inthe hospital again and was diagnosed with a AIS stroke and another Mri and Cat scan was done and again they came back normal when I went to the nerologist and ask her what was going on because my tests came back normal she told me that sometimes that small blood vessels break and cause a stroke but they do not show up on tests I was put on blood thinners and blood pressure pills but I dont have high blood pressure or high cholesteral. I had bad reactions to bloodthinners and stopped taking them I have a pain inthe left side of my neck and  head my neurologist diagnosed me with cervicalgia and interacranial atherosclerosis and migrain headaches she ordered infusions for migraines but I had a bad reaction to that I have been out of work since the first stroke I tried to go back part time in sept But I got severe headachs and could not lift things my job is like warehouse work I was out of work again because I could not do my job it is november and I have lost my job bacause I still have weakness onthe left side I am very easily fatiged It has affected my eyes and my memory I went to another neurologist and he told me that it was all in my head  I know that all this is not in my head I am frustrated my life has changed dramatically and I know it is not in my head any input would greatly be appreciated thank you
I think what you may be experiencing is the after effects of the stroke.

My father had a stroke 4 months ago. He lost his ability to swallow, walk, and talk. Since then he has improved a greatly but he defintiely is not the same person that he was. He worked as a mailman but has not been able to work since because he gets fatigued easily, has numbness in his face and sometimes legs, vision in one eye gets blurry from time to time and etc.

What I learned from my father having a stroke is that recovery takes time. Life has changed dramatically for him as well. The first few months were rough, my dad being such a stubborn man, he wanted to do things he used to do but couldn't. He had to step back and take things one day at a time. He does hope to get back to work, but it probably won't be for a while.

My heart goes out to you and I hope you find your answers soon.
you have all the symptoms of a stroke...how old are you? I am going through same condition and had a stroke in October
I am 51 years old