Stroke Community
mum not woken
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

mum not woken

Hi my mum had stem stroke on left side which left her right side paralysed but also she hasn't woken up since, she will move her left foot n arm slightly but doesn't open eyes squeeze hand on request there is no speech either just asleep all the time aalthough she opens her eyes for a second sometimes but no life in her eyes or movement. Can anyone give advise or anything please x . The stroke happened 26th Dec 12.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi, my husband had a hemorrhagic stroke on Dec 6th and has only been awake for a week now, its still early yet, the body has to heal. Coma is sometimes a blessing. Be strong I'm sure she will be fine. We are 1 month and 2 days in. There may be alot of set backs, which are normal I am learning. We will do this together.
Blank
Dear my soulmate, penenorth

My wife wife is going through the same scenario, please also include me in your updated as that will help me as well. For my wife its been almost a month & half in ICU, but she is showing slight signs of recovery by movement of her eyes & fingers. But there is fever which she is battling since long time. Peneporth, eyes opening will take time in some patients, more over there will be a sleep disorder in certain patients so do not loose your hope. Being a human we expect a miracle but that will happen with the time. God has medicine to all, keep your strength alive. Let us keep each other posted on the developments.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank