Stroke Community
my mri results

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

my mri results

can any one please help i am a 51 year old female   ihave had mini strokes i have had my mri results back and it says i have small vessel disease  i dont know what it means and my appointment isnt till 10 june  to see the doctor  iam having facial weakness on one side now a lot  and dont know if i should go to hospital or wait for my appointment as i dont know if it could be a sympton of the small vessel disease  does any one know what this disease is if so i would be most gratefull
I didn't know what it was either so I looked it up. Here is the definition from the Mayo clinic and the link:
Small vessel disease is a condition in which the small arteries in the heart become narrowed. Small vessel disease causes signs and symptoms of heart disease, such as chest pain (angina).

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/small-vessel-disease/basics/definition/con-20032544

If I were you I would call the dr's office and ask to speak with a nurse. Let her know about the facial weakness and ask what you should do. Also see if you can be put on a list that if anyone cancels you can get your appointment bumped up. I hope this helps. The link also shows everything from walking you through what you will need for your appointment to home remedies you can take. Best wishes, Sissie