Stroke Community
need help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

need help

hi need help my mum is 64 on sunday when she was getting out of bed she said she could not move  all one side of her body and her mouth is a bit down on one side she has been having bad pains in her head for the last few weeks this is not like her , my self  and my sisters had to row with her to go the doctors today we get her there her blood pressuer is high doctor put her on something of that she has to get blood test done tomorrow but is fasting from 8,00pm tonight  doctor said she thinks my mum could have had a mini stroke and it could have happened in her sleep my mum needs to get some scan do ,,,,, can anyone help me i dont know anything about strokes should someone be with her all the time should she been driving can she have anymore strokes is she in pain ..... because she would not let one of us go in with her to see the doctor so we dont know if the doctor has said anymore to her ,,,, and 8 years ago my mum had cervical cancer and she is seeing a doctor in the hospital they are testing her for liver cancer ,,,, need help we just dont know what to do and we can see my mum is upset and is putting on a face for us ,,, any help thank you all
Hi need help,
All I can say is strokes SUCK, your mum has got to do everything possible to prevent one.  I wish you and your family health, good luck.
Maureen