neurology
my uncle had a stroke on january 21, 2013 and as soon as he was rushed in in the ER they did brain surgery. He is currently recovering from the surgery but is not conscious the doctors say he is in a comma they provoked in the cat scan it shows that the majority of his brain is dead and he does a lot of movements such as moves his arms has hiccups tries to cough out his breathing tube but they say is involuntary movements, he is also on life support for breathing the machine is set on 12 and it even goes up to 20 or 25 so they say he is improving on his breathing. They have sat his immediate family twice already to offer to remove the life support and we had said no according to them there is not much they could do i please ask you to help me know and understand is there any way he would survive from this?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It is difficult to predict what the prognosis or outcome will be. It depends on his present vitals status. Also, if the stroke has been stabilized or not. Sometimes they may also have co morbid conditions like diabetes or hypertension and may have developed some infections as well. His treating physicians may be able to guide you about the prognosis.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.