Stroke Community
new medical device for stroke patients
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

new medical device for stroke patients

Hi,

I'm a grad student working on a new medical device for stroke patients. I'm working with several physicians and engineers to develop a portable handheld device that objectively evaluates whether the person is at risk for a stroke. If the person shows symptoms for a stroke, the device will recommend the person to go to the nearest ER to get treated. This device would be used several times a day for stroke survivors because they are at the highest risk for a subsequent stroke.

We want to make this device as user friendly as possible and want to obtain advice from stroke survivors about the following:
-how many times per day would you be willing to use this device?
-what should be included in this device to make it more valuable to you?
Any info would be appreciated; Thank you!