open heart surgery and stroke
Hello, My mother had open heart surgery and a stroke, my Q is ... it took her a week to wake up from the surgery and after a month is still in hosp., she responds at times and sometimes sleeps for a whole day. Is this a normal stroke, she has spasticity on one side.Everything I have read claims she should be responding more than this. She still has a trache with oxygen.The doctors say everyone is different and are not giving us much information.She can move her head to respond yes and no and is starting to get aggrivated it seems. She can move both sides at times and wiggle her toes, so shouldnt she be responding more than this. I cannot believe this happened to my mom. Any information would be very helpful and appreciated, thank you.
hyg
I understand how you feel. My mother went for valve replacement 6 days ago, and her conditions is very similar to your mother. She is still not awake, they think she has a stroke after the surgery. Now she is on her way for her third cat scan.
How is your mother doing now? My dad also had a stroke after having a CABG. He woke up after almost a weekand a half. he is also having a tach tube and not responding too much this happened in Feb and he is still in the same condition except that he is getting emotional and trying to get up from the bed.He too has spasticity. what did Doc say about the condition? i mean did they give any time frame to recovery?  

can she recognize u? can she sit/talk? how r u feeding her?

Hope she feels better soon. and hope my dad also recovers soon. its so devastating to see our loved ones like that!