Stroke Community
pregnancy cause of stroke

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

pregnancy cause of stroke

I was 22 when i had my stroke, i was in emergency when the docs said i had had a stroke AND was 5 weeks pregnant. I spent 9 weeks in hospital, since it occurred i have been told the pregnancy was the cause of the stroke, apparently very rare. I spent my 23rd bday in hospital, i am now at home receiving physio etc as abn outpatient. Given the cirumstances i found it difficukt to get excited about the pregnancy. My partner has been an amazing support throughout, he is only 24 himself so i love him to death seeming he stayed with me through out. Has anybody else heard of this?
What are your deficits from the stroke?  How are you doing in the pregnancy now?  When did this happen?  Is the baby going to be ok?