question about recovery from brain bleed..
I still no return to left arm since brain bleed and surgery due to avm in July. I can walk with a cane thank god. but I am getting very frustrated with slow progress from my arm. I am so young(34) and I have 3 kids that need me. What can I do besides therapy that doesn't seem to be helping? how long is normal to get some kind of movement back?
Every stroke seems to be unique to the patient, but generally I was told that 90% of whatever you lose returns in about three months, and after that gradual return taking up to a year or longer for the remainder of your loss to return or compensate.

Of course, everything may not return to pre-stroke condition.  I had a brain bleed from high blood pressure. I was paralysed on the left side for four months; it
My husband had a brain bleed Nov. 7, 2003 which they operated on.
It left him in a wheelchair, double vision, weakness on rightside.  Today he is doing much better.  He is walking without a cane, double vision is 95% better and not much weakness on rightside.  He is now driving.  He was 40 years old when this occurred with 2 young children also.  He recommends going to the gym a weight program, riding the stationary bike, take long walks.  He did water therapy which also helped.  His goal now is to run.  He has balance problems still, but I definitely can see improvement everyday.  Please write back any questions we'd love to talk to you.  We are also in Calif.
My husband's moto is Never Give Up and mine is remember to laugh!!
Hi Mel in Cal,
My husband told me to give you our email address in case you needed to talk to someone.  Our email address is ***@****  Hope to hear from you.