recovery
My 82 year old grandfather had over a dozen mini strokes during heart surgery. the doctors said the brain scan showed a previous stroke years ago that he fully recovered from. since the heart surgery he has made progress like being able to slowly communicate through head shakes and saying no(very very simply things though) I need to know what can help speed up the metal aspects of recovery. im still not sure to what extent his brain might be affected. what exercises can i do with him to help his memory/motor skills come back?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Helping a person recover from stroke is collectively termed as stroke rehabilitation. For the motor skills physiotherapy is needed. Techniques such as exercise, manipulation, massage, skills training and electrical treatment are used. Consult a neuro physiotherapist and follow the instructions at home. To improve memory functions, you could try a lot of ‘brain teasers’. The brain can retain only a certain number of ‘facts’ and everything else is recalled based on its relationship with these facts. Make him say small words, repeating them, he can try small arithmetical calculations and build up from there. You can talk to your primary care physician, he can guide you to professionals. And you could follow up at home.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.