stroke again while on Plavix
my father just got through another stroke recently. he has been on Plavix for two years since the first one in 2008. my question is Plavix would reduce the risk of stroke but could not 100% prevent it, correct?

I am not sure what is the cause yet this time. he is still in the process of going through all various types of tests and so far the doctor seems very comfortable with the results available; also he has totally recovered without any sign of stroke symptoms. I do know there was a 10-day break in June this year where he stoped taking Plavix, that is possible the reason he got the attack?

any reply would be highly appreciated, thanks!
Hello, sorry to hear about your dad.  I'm 43 an had a sevral strokes in the past year. This past July I had to stop take Plavix of 7 days for a surgery i was going to have, It went well but when I woke up I have had a stroke, but after 24 hours all the sideaffects went away and the Doc's called it a TIA, (mini stroke)so things like that can happen, good luck
Even a subtle (undetected) heart arrhythmia can cause TIA'S.  Ask your doctor about taking a beta blocker.
All the best.