Stroke Community
stroke recovery
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

stroke recovery

My mother had a stroke back on 11/15/2012 at work. She had suffered a schemic stroke on her right side which paralyze her left side completely. She was given tpa a week later she had a cranial bleed. They removed her right skull a few days later she had a second stroke where she lost her ability of speaking. Since she has not said a word. Now she is at a nursing home rehab where she makes 5 steps behind then forward now the place told us they are going to drop her because she is not improving. I know some of you have been in that riad what should i do take her home or live her in long term. They kept madicating her with Ativan i tried to talk to the nursing director not much of nother. She is medicare what should i do.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1821865_tn?1317525631
Sorry her stroke was 11/15/11
Blank
I hope your mom will get well soon, like my friend.
My friend family take her home after doctors told them there are nothing they can do for he, when she was in veg state, with all the loves from family and friends and all the help they can get. She had acupuncture therapy, physical therapy, speed therapy, and friends come to talk, read play music, joking, and pray for her. after 5 year she now can eat, talk slowly and learning walking now.
So please do your best for your mom , and God bless you and your mom.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank