Stroke Community
stroke side affects

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

stroke side affects

4 months ago I had a mini stroke. Now I am unable to cross or put a sock on my right leg. My right  thigh area is always tight and I also feel this tightness on the right side between my shoulder and elbow. So my question is .... is this normal and is there anything I can do to regain somesort of normalicy in these areas?
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and sorry for the late reply.

After suffering a stroke, many people experience post-stroke spasticity, muscle tightness that impairs mobility. Botox injections can help with this tightness. Also, Intrathecal baclofen therapy is known to help with the tightness. It involves the surgical implantation of a pump. The medication which is contained in the pump is delivered and it goes directly into the spinal canal.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.