Stroke Community
stroke six weeks after delivery of baby

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

stroke six weeks after delivery of baby

Hi there, this is the first time I have ever posted a question on this forum, and I hope I have done it in the right place!

Six weeks after my first son was delivered, I had a terrible pain in my neck combined with a loss of my left visual field, the hospital confirmed that I had a 5cm occipital bleed and classed it as a mini stroke.

I have undergone various tests over the past year and a half, and they cannot find a cause for the bleed, so are inclined to say it was the pregnancy.
I am currently pregnant with my second (and last!) child, I am taking 40mg clexane injections daily as a preventative measure, but as they cannot specify whether it was the actual labour or the peripartum period in which the bleed originally happened I am getting mixed messages as to what is the best road to take with regards to delivery? I do not know as yet whether they intend to do a c section, and I am very torn as to what the best route to take is, i do not want to have such a major operation as a c section if it is not necessary, my first birth was a home birth, 9 hours with no complications. I am finding it hard to decide what to do as I have so much conflicting information, has anyone else had a similar experience to this? It would be great to hear from others who have gone through similar or can shed some light on what the best road to take is?

Thanks,
Lynds