Stroke Community
stroke w/short term memory loss
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

stroke w/short term memory loss

I;m 46 had 3 strokes in early april, very blessed I was left with Horners syndrome and short term memory loss. After 2 1/2 months my memory loss is getting worst instead of better. I also have Diabetes-controlled, had a gastric bypass and lost 80 lbs my weight is ideal now.  Still smoking a few cigarettes a day.  I don't understand why I am have more memory loss now?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
445232_tn?1233653164
Hi

Sorry to hear about your strokes :(

Please give up the ciggies.  The last thing your brain needs now is less oxygen because of them.  It may even be giving you ongoing ministrokes.

You've had a few warnings from the strokes, you may not get any more.

HTH

Sue
Blank
hi sue soz to hear about stroke go to docs and pester them about the memory loss i didnt and am suffering now i aint given me smokes up though phil
Blank
my mom is 42 and had   a strok last year and its bad my hole family has to take care of her and yes she still smokes its not good but i see what my mom is going throw and i still smoke . its hard to give it up. but i hope we all can one day . i do not what to be like my mom .
Blank
915816_tn?1243226696
I had a minor stroke in my cerebellum eight weeks ago.  I still have very avid memory loss.  It is only short term but drives a gal crazy,  If I do not write it down...it does not get done.

Hope you get better soon
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank