Stroke Community
stroke
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

stroke

Just suffered from major stroke 2 months ago. Was just wondering if anyone had information or experience with the drug, Neuroaid.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
241234_tn?1220984156
This was an interesting blog posting on the ancient chinese medicine.
http://skeptigirl.wordpress.com/category/medical/page/3/
It confirms my thoughts on magical stroke recovery.
Here is a clinical trial but I couldn't read it.
http://www.clinicalconnection.com/exp/ExpandedPatientViewStudy189961.aspx
If this truly worked scientists and survivors would be all over this. Probably good as a placebo or just the normal 6-12 month spontaneous recovery attributed to the drug.
Dean
Blank
We'll my dad had lacunar stroke on right side of brain Oct  17 2013 .   He is paralyzed on left side. He was walking with walker nov 2 2013 but nov 27 he got pneumonia and his heart got irregular. He had a critical troponin result that day. Now he has a half inch bed sore and he is kinda giving up. Dec 17 the rehab center suggested hospice plan ideas. Disappointing.
Blank
It is Christmas and dad is weaker at tendercare nursing home,  His  blood sodium and chloride are elevated, Dad sleeps a lot and is dehydrated, I will ask nurse to give him half cup of water every two hours seems nursing home neglects you once you no longer are alert, he also pockets food in his mouth.  Very sad what is happening. Not sure who to blame.
Blank
My dad passed away Friday Dec 27, 2013. His breathing was shallow. He was on morphine and 100% oxygen breathing on his own. His death rattle was very gentle.  I thought it was drainage in his throat echoing inside oxygen mask.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank