Stroke Community
testing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

testing

Anuerysms run in my family. How often should one be tested? My mother's had 4 that I know of...2 heart and 2 brain...3 deaths.

My symptoms are headache and light headedness..

thanks ... apes
If you have already been tested for it and don't have any aneurysms at the present time, I think that you should get the doctor's recommendation of how often to test for it based on your family history.  And you can always get a second opinion.  My brain aneurysm gets tested by an MRI every 2 years to check on its size.  At one point, one of the doctors ordered a CT Scan to further determine its size after the MRI first caught my brain aneurysm, but that has a terrible amount of radiation in it.  It's astronomical, so I would really press for the reason why an MRI can't be used instead to just check on whether you have any. Good luck.