Stroke Community
vision!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

vision!!!

hiya im 31yrs old and just bot everythings happened to me in the last year ive had a breakdown had a baby finally past my driving test was finally a proper adult and in may2012  i had a stroke and lost alot of sight in 1 eye and dont see well out of the other now!!! one night i had a really bad headache so i foned NHS direct as my vision had been affected and got told to go bed and take a parcentamo!!!!! i woke up in the morning and codnt see so i didnt get the drugs to help u get better l i feel very confused most of the time.  ive gone from super indepedent to needing help with the simplist things and i really dont like it i was a single mum for years and didnt need ne 1 but now i have to get my son to take me to the shop so i dont get run over!!!!!! ive lost everything my car and licence and my normal life! i didnt stay in hospital as to be honest i poohed myself and just really needed to get out of there. so the care has been rubbish!  still waiting on going a eye test!!!  the form for disability is so hard tht if u got a disability u codnt do the form ne way wot all tht bot! everythings stuck. i feel like i gonna be stuck like this forever or worse! all i no is tht ive had a stroke and ive lost my sight no one is answering me on weather im stuck like this?