Stroke Community
was it TIA ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

was it TIA ?

Yesterday i woke up at 5:30 am with a sudden numbness in my hand (especially at my pinky and the ring fingers) , i could move it and i could feel it but you know the feeling of numbness makes it kind of diffcult , ( the numbness wasnt for the whole arm only wrist and down to fingers ,and i had dizzeness, (feel like someone is pulling my head when i move it)

i was talking okay because i screamed for mom to help me and asked me "whats going on" i answered by "nothing ." , went for shower i did hold the shampoo with no problems with grapping

Because am suffring of anxeity ( went to dr week ago and he gave me "seroxat" 12.5 Mg 2 tabs a day , didnt take it yet) ، i tested my blood pressure when i woke up . Times , first time was 136/89 , second time 119/94 (i feel this is wrong) and third time 138/86.

So Is this TIA ? I done a test for my self the 3 things (raise my hands , smile , and say something) and i could do everything thank god ,

-I quitted smoking 2 months ago (i was smokimg since 15)

-i have a delayed heartbeat (extrabeat ) i went for ECG and echo test and it became normal a month ago

-cholestrol was 139 , 2 months ago

-dont have diabetes

-due to the anxeity i do shower 5-8 times a day 10 -25 minutes each hot water to remove stress (yes i dont go out )
A TIA is a Transient Ischemic Attack. Like a ministroke. It is uncertain whether or not you had one of those without a proper physical.
Thank you for respond , but i dont get what your talking about ? Yes i know what is TIA but that was my symptoms , so am wondering if the numbness is like one i had
It is possible, but again, hard to know without a physical exam. The numbness could have come from nerve pinch, and the dizziness could have been related to something as simple as a sinus issue to anxiety attack. I would recommend letting your doctor know if you keep having symptoms of TIA's