Stroke Community
went to ER for possible stroke...told it was just a migraine?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

is it possible or likely for migraines to begin in adulthood?
I went to the ER a few days ago because I got a terrible headache, then got dizzy and tunnel vision, then my left side went numb, including my face.
I was told i was too young to have a TIA of stroke, and that it was a complicated migraine. I'm just confused, cause I've never had any history of migraines. The only headaches I've ever had is the occasional one if I get dehydrated. And since that episode, I've had lingering numbness/tingling and a constant "walking around buzzed" feeling...but no headaches to accompany these lingering symptoms. ????
I'm a 26 year old female. No significant medical history. very limited alcohol consumption (only on holidays/special occasions). don't smoke. don't take birth control. low blood pressure. eat healthy (organic, all-natural, mostly vegetarian and vegan meals). rarely ever even take so much as a tylenol.
What in the world is going on?
did you do CBC ? anything out of range like wbc for example or slight anemia?

did you have UTI, bowel symptoms, cold-like or sinusitis symptoms? back pain, muscle weakness?

Not sure if they did a CBC. They did bloodwork, just not sure what exactly they checked for. No, UTI, digestive problems, or cold/sinus problems. Only muscle weakness was in left side of face. There were a few minutes in which I could not smile because the left side of my face was numb and the muscles wouldn't form a smile.
I think there's a symptom missing from TIA, you should have experienced some coordination / depth perception issues. I don't know the medical term but basically you would fall short when trying to reach an object with your hand.

you should get a copy of the blood works some values even slightly out of range can be indicative of an infection.

is the numbness/tingling only on the face? are you sure you don't have unusual muscular weakness in the limbs?

with bowel symptoms I meant to ask if there was at least 1 episode of unusual diarrhoea, without digestive symptoms which would be indicative of a viral infection.