wife with mini stroke?
Hi, I just came back from the hospital where my wife stayed for observation for the next 24 hours. Earlier today she suddenly felt numbness on her left side and started to have some trouble speaking and her mouth suddenly changed form and was almost like her tongue did not respond for a some minutes. At the first sign, I immediately called emergency services. An ambulance then came within 10 minutes and 5 minutes after the paramedic started asking questions/diagnosing etc. she started to feel almost OK. He called the hospital anyways and they asked him to take her over there. At the emergency room they ran all kinds of physical (strength)  tests on her and took a CAT SCAN. I am not sure about the CAT SCAN results because I did not have the chance to ask exactly what happened (my son was crying at the time and in my arms -  a bit hectic). All I heard was that nothing seemed wrong, but they wanted to keep her under observation for the next 24 hours. I came home with my son in arms and my wife stayed behind (first time we are apart for other reasons than work). My question now is: although she seemed to have suffered a mini stroke (although doctors did not say this exactly), is there anything we can do to make sure this does not happen again?

She is slightly overweight with a BMI of 27-28, and for the past weeks we have started to exercise more than before to become  healthier... We eat generally good and a well balanced diet, but I am trying to make her completely quit food high in fat/sugars.

Is there anyone outhere which can recommend what to do to prevent a potential second episode....

Thanks,

Victor
Victor,
I am not quite sure if you can prevent a stroke from happening. But what happens is you cant see on an mri if the stroke is already done. You need to get her into a neurologist so he can check her out properly. Dr's in the ER are quite puzzled when it comes to the brain. The brain is a very complex thing and you need to seek hep from a specialist. I am sorry to hear that your family is going through this. But keep your head up and count your blessings. Good Luck and keep us posted.
I have no idea if Victor will ever see this but I am having the same problems his wife is having and I'm scared.  Almost to the t is the exact same signs and slightly overweight and started to do Insanity workouts and now...well...please help.  Thank you.