Success Stories Community
Body Dismorphic Disorder
About This Community:

This is the place to share your successes with others. Some ideas for success stories: How has Med Help helped you? Have you found someone who has the same symptoms as you? Have you discovered a treatment that worked for you? Do you have parenting “tips” for other parents? Please include any details about your success you think will be helpful to others.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Body Dismorphic Disorder

Hi,

I am a 28 year old mother of two.  I suffered from a little bit of BDD in College.  IT was because of my face and acne but once i took accutaine and it went away I was fine.  I am now having horrible attacks with the BDD but this time it has to do with my four month old daughter and i feel like I am going crazy.  She is a beautiful healthy little girl and the love of my life but I can not stop obsessing about the size and shape of her ears.  they are large and protrude from her head.  All I see when I look at her are ears and it has gotten me very depressed.  I find my self obsessing about them 24 hours a day and constantly looking at other babies to compair.  up until two weeks ago i never even noticed ears on a child or infant.  I m not sure what triggered the BDD about the ears but it just started about two weeks ago and is horrible.  I love her more then life itself but am constantly bothered by the shape of her ears.  The weird thing is that I have a 2 1/2 year old son and i never had any issues with him physically so I am wondering where this came from.  My question is this.  Is it normal to have BDD about your child and what do you suggest I do to get help.  I can't keep feeling this way and I especailly don't want any of my obsessiveness to rub off on my poor innocent baby.  HELP ME