Success Stories Community
LYME DISEASE

This is the place to share your successes with others. Some ideas for success stories: How has Med Help helped you? Have you found someone who has the same symptoms as you? Have you discovered a treatment that worked for you? Do you have parenting “tips” for other parents? Please include any details about your success you think will be helpful to others.

LYME DISEASE

I actually don't have a question, but a "success story"......I suffered with Lyme Disease for 3 years....on and off antibiotics.  I would be fine for 6 months or so, and then the symptoms would return.  It wasn't until my physician added "plaquenil"  ----used for malaria----to my antibiotic regime, that I have been symptom free for 8 years.  Some insurance companies refuse to pay for the prescription because it is not "on their list" for Lyme disease treatment, but it is worth the $$ out-of-pocket to try it, if all else fails.  I understand that it has something to do with altering the ph of our cells, in turn, allowing the antiobiotic to work more effeciently.  Just my experience.