Success Stories Community
Paralyzed from the chest down with 2 beautiful children

This is the place to share your successes with others. Some ideas for success stories: How has Med Help helped you? Have you found someone who has the same symptoms as you? Have you discovered a treatment that worked for you? Do you have parenting “tips” for other parents? Please include any details about your success you think will be helpful to others.

Just wanted to share with you all that i've been in a wheelchair since i was 17 years old due to a car accident im a t-6 paraplegic spinal cord injury, and i have two beautiful children who are 15 and 11 girl and boy. Had them both natural and full term felt no pain one good thing about being paralyzed lololo, anyone out there who is paralayzed and preganant and need some answers please email me also i dont see any forums that relate to spinal cord injuries and definatly nothing with women who have had babies that are para how would i go about starting one up anyway im off topic my success is my two beautiful children whom i love dearly take care all
Hi!  I am a C4 quad and expecting my first.  I have been paralyzed since 2005 -- I am 29.  I was injured in a car accident too.  Anyway, I am excited and nervous.  I did some research and spoke to my physiatrist so I was able to find a good doctor who has experience with SCI pregnancies. I am in my 12th week and thirsty for information about other mom's experiences.  I haven't been experiencing many of the discomforts of early pregancy.  Just a little nausea, and I am having some bladder and bowel issues along with an increase in spasticity. I don't see many websites for moms-to-be that are paralyzed.  Hope you can share some of your experiences.  
I know it has been a few months but I wanted to hear from  you and how you are doing now with your wonderful success with your children ,it is good to get further feedback , let us know how you are doing and how the children are,.please know we do relate to you.
God bless you all.
Anyone know how these mom's are doing now , some up date would be great .
i am the husband of a beautiful women who was recently paralyzed c-6 and c-7in a car accident.... But one thing thats on our mind and most doctors wont discus some things... Like she is supposed to never walk again.... But its been 6 months and she has been getting an astounding amount of feeling in her legs and she has had since the wreck use of her arms and hands perfectly normal and they say she shouldnt have that either.... Does anyone know anything about this???? We are comfused on what to think because we have a friend who is paralyzed waist down and not much feeling but is getting use of her legs????????