Success Stories Community
Scalp Cyst gone

This is the place to share your successes with others. Some ideas for success stories: How has Med Help helped you? Have you found someone who has the same symptoms as you? Have you discovered a treatment that worked for you? Do you have parenting “tips” for other parents? Please include any details about your success you think will be helpful to others.

Scalp Cyst gone

Do you have a scalp cyst? I did for about ten years until recently. It felt like a marble under my scalp, about two inches above my left ear. Dr. said don't worry about it (scar tissure, benign cyst, etc.) Well, it decided to erupt one morning not long ago, for no apparent reason. All this white creamy stuff oozed out when I touched it. Then I smashed some more out. It was the consistency of toothpaste. Great, I thought. It finally popped. Wrong. This was just stage one. Although it was alot flatter, I could feel a core in it and it became very sensitive.   For about two weeks, when it would fester up, I would pop it like a pimple, like every other day, and clear, bloody stuff would pop out. Stage 2. I read alot online about cysts and decided to give it some time and not go to the Dr. So many horror stories and reports of the cysts just coming back after being surgically removed - not too encouraging. I parted my hair and held it back with clips to expose the cyst. Sometimes I held a hot wash cloth on it for several minutes.  I cleaned the exposed cyst with peroxide and then put globs of "Neutrogena On the Spot" acne medicine on it about twice a day, and tried to keep my hair off of it. This helped draw the core to a head. It was sore and kept acting like an infected pimple.  I left it alone as much as I could, and kept cleaning it with alcohol and/or peroxide, and kept globbing on the "Neutragena On the Spot". Stage 3 -It wasn't real sensitive anymore, and had made a scab of sorts and I could feel the core still there. I decided it was me or the cyst!  For about a week, I put globs of the Neutragena On the Spot and every day or so, peeled off the scab, and bothered it a little. The sauve kept drawing the core to the surface. Finally, I pressed it with my two index fingers, as hard as I could stand and it came out, but only half way. Thus, creating one of the horrible little "horns" I had read about. I said "no way, hosea!" am I having this thing sticking out of my head, and proceded to smash the thing like it was the devil. Yes, it hurt but then it came out completely. The core was about the size of half an English pea. It reminded me of silly putty. Or like a dried up ball of glue. Anyway, I lost no hair, no blood, there were no knives, no scars, no anesthetic, no bills, no numbness, and best of all, no returning of the cyst. I cannot even locate where it used to be. I hope this helps someone out there.  It was pretty wild for me. I prayed alot, too. (Thank you, God) And this is not a commercial for Neutragena On the Spot, but it probably should be. God bless.
Thanks for sharing that story. I have a couple of cyst on both arms that I have seek professional assistance.  They are not noticeable.  However, I know they are there because whenever I apply pressure along my arms, I can feel them.  I truly do believe I developed mine from a sexual encounter I had last year.  I will continue to pray that they disappear one day.
I have had 7 cyst one under my neck at 8 my mom had no idea what it was and it grew and turned purple it got as big as half a lemon,was surgically removed. At 17 I got one under my ear and also had it surgically removed still little size if small marble. At 18 I got two next to each other on thigh my private area was scared but since I worked in a health food store and the owner always said that doctors always want to cut and that that was wrong that natural products are enough...I decided to have her cure it since I should not get cut well she had the answer for me 10 herbal teas removed my 2 cyst externally. Time went by and I grew another one and i went to the health food store and the lady misplaced the list and I just assumed I was able to get it anytime. I regreted not saving it. I still have that one cyst. Than another one grew behind my knee and it upsets me because I was very active and was 15 lbs away from my ideal wieght and after surgically removed I gained 25lbs in 6 months I had to wear a brace since it got infected. Now Im 40 lbs overwieght. The last cyst grew on my face and I was scared to have it removed from my face but after taking RELIV it disappeared it was all those good herbs in it.
Thanks for sharing your story - I have had a cyst (sounds like yours was sebaceous also) and I often wondered about applying clearasil or some kind of acne treatment, since, after all, it had all started with a zit/blackhead that had seemed to burrow below. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it in the long run, but your story is a great one!

Also, you may want to consider adding omega 3 fatty acid supplements to your diet, I've been reading that a lack of essential fatty acids (omega 3's as well as others) can cause someone to be prone to forming cysts. God bless and good luck!
What does the cyst feel like the one on the scalp is it hard and doesnt move ? or is it like a Lymph node and moves under the skin,
My experience with one of my cysts was similar to yours. I've even had them cut out, but back they come.I now have four the size of marbles on my scalp.
I had a cyst removed in January, 3 months later all the sympthoms came back. I had the doctor check it out aging, he said it would go back down soon and not to worry about it. Now not only is it back but I have 3 more that diffrent sizes. I will be seeing a diffrent doctor next week i will post a cure if I find luck with this.
I have about 10 or so on my scalp. I have had them for about 20 years now. I have had 5 or 6 to do exactly like yours. My husband would press down with UNREAL force to get it all out...I always had to pick at it or several days before coming to the core, then the same thing, finally with lots of pressure the core would come out, looking like a drop of dried glue or such. Right now I have 4 large ones, I have one above my ear about 2" that is the size of a half dollar! It is burning and causing me a little disscomfort, I am wondering if it is trying to become irritated like the smaller ones have done in the past.....not sure.....but really worrying me because it feels like it is on a nerve or something.

Thanks for posting.
Also, I have had VERY thining hair on my scalp, wondering if this is related?  Any one know?
you know I am wondering if you are allergic to something you are using on your head, shampoo or conditioner, have you tried changing the stuff you use.? I had an itchy scalp and went to neutrogena shampoo hypoallergenic ,and its a lot betttr than the other shampoos .
I have a few of them on my sclap and have had 3 removed, none have come back, that has been removed. They are inheriated from family history and not cancerous. I hope this helps
Many physicians seek to minimize scarring on the scalp for cosmetic reasons. As a result, when they excise these cysts, they usually close with sutures. A dermatologist I know tells me he uses a 2-step closure. First, he packs the cyst cavity with betadine-soaked gauze and places a dressing for three days. On the follow up, he removes the dressing, opens the wound with a hemostat, irrigates with 1% betadine, and THEN he closes with sutures. The result is a SLIGHTLY more noticeable scar but (he tells me) zero recurrences. Those who have recurrent trichilemmal cysts might explore this technique with their physicians.
I have had some 20 cysts over the years.  The first one came to the surface,  and after some irritating, picking and alot of pressure, popped out like a white pea. Very little blood, and the wound healed immediately.  Others have been removed surgically at home. These gave only a small amt of bleeding which was easily controlled with slight pressure. None of the surgical wounds have ever been shaved, stitched or stapled, simply allowed to crust with blood and dry for 2 days before washing. The Lidocaine was the worst part, and if a "T" incision is made, the cyst will pop out quickly without alot of pressure. You might talk to your Dr regarding a "T" incision and the wound will seal itself. It also helps to use this type of incision to remove the cyst without rupturing it's sac as I have had 2 instances of tiny fragments remaining in the wound and needing to be removed at a later date.
I have a couple cysts on my head as well.  I had two removed a couple years ago and I am not sure if the dr. stitched it wrong or if I scar differently...but I now have two permanent bald spots left over in a circle shape from where the cyst was:( Has this ever happened to any of you who had then removed?  I have one more cyst that is the size of a marble and it is really bothering me....I would love to get it removed but there is no way I can deal with another round bald circle.  Have you all been to a plastic surgeon or a normal doctor?
I am having a cyst removed Friday morning at 10.. I am so nervous.. I went to a Plastic Surgeon last time..not a great expierence.. I had a blood leak once I got home.. Live 65 miles from the Dr. My face was so swollen and my eyes were swollen shut..  This will be my 3rd Surgery and I have so many that its scary and embarassing. I am going to a Dermatologist this time. The Cyst I am having removed is on the left side of my head and its on the same side as where I had my last surgery.. Last time they couldnt give me any more numbing due to having so much already... I hope this goes smoothly.. Cant take another bad expierence.. I think these cysts have there own pulse.. So, do any of you have really bad headaches or do yours throb? I just thought it was due to the skin stretching .. who knows... may we all get thru this hell...
I had a cyst too for about 3-4 yrs. One night it just came oozing out with yucky gunk, then for 2 days my mum kept on squeeezing it til the dry gluey stuff came out, yeah it's gone, but i also have a bald patch the size of a dollar coin. WHY?
They are Sebacceous cysts, Need to have a dermatologist excise and get all of the cyst and sac or it will reoccur. Some people are more prone to them. Never good to squeeze cysts, can enter bacteria into surrounding tissue causing cellulitis or worse into blood stream. Dermatologist will recommend shampoo to use but just keep hair clear and massage shampoo into hair let it set so has time to work. Increase Omega fish oil into diet is good for skin. Good luck.
Star
Thank you for the posting. It has really been helpful as I was starting to really feel afraid of the changes taking place. I have a cyst on my scalp..it is on the surface not under the skin. I put alcohol, sometimes aloe and sometimes cortizone on for the each and it got worst. Now it stays itching and I stay digging and scratching. However the most disgusting thing is that daily scalp covers it when it hardens from what I am applying and when I pull it off due to the itching it is full of whiteheads..and sometimes hair and blackheads. Lately It keeps whitesheads all in it and I have had this cyst 35 years and never seen this.I use to squeeze it and it would release and go away ..then grow right back.Now it just itches all day..sometimes sudden itch and I am constantly pulling scalps and heads off. I took a oicture and looked close up and it look so disgusting that it gross me out ....millions of whiteheads just sitting inside and sometimes caved in blackheads...UUgghh. My family is worrying about it being cancerous. I had a biopsy done 25 years ago and it was benign the only thing now is that sometimes it hurts and gives me a very bad headache but then I am always using pin to pull out whatever has it itchig. Then the core feels like a stick or something in the middle. This has been happening since they cut it out 25years ago and left it open. I had a bald spot there and use some follicle drops which of course worsen my condition. Can anyone relate to this or do I really have something to pray about. The strangest thing is that a doctor gave me some cream in a little tune one time and cause the cyst to go away. It didn't come back fo about a year, ~HELP~
That's a very interesting story. Thank you for sharing. Xx