Thank you Dr. Hagan - AAO
Your forum is amazing!  I stumbled across it when I was looking for information about eye pain I was having.  Within hours of my question, you replied and gave me more information than I have gotten from my optometrist after 3 months of complaining!

Thank you so much!  I'm going to find an opthalmologist and will begin by searching at the American Academy of Opthalmology's website.  You guys are great!

Michael
Michael,  On behalf of the Eye Forum physicians, thank you so much for the kind words. It's a great privilege to represent the American Academy of Ophthalmology. It is quite time-consuming but it provides an important service. And its also a learning experience for the Eye Physicians also.  When I hear from all the posters from UK and Canada about taking months and months to see a specialist, it makes me feel good about the much maligned but high quality health care system we have in the US where patients with emergencies can be seen same day by a physician of their choosing.

John C. Hagan III MD, FACS, FAAO
Editor: Missouri Medicine medical journal