Success Stories Community
pacemaker implant

This is the place to share your successes with others. Some ideas for success stories: How has Med Help helped you? Have you found someone who has the same symptoms as you? Have you discovered a treatment that worked for you? Do you have parenting “tips” for other parents? Please include any details about your success you think will be helpful to others.

pacemaker implant

I have a resting heart rate of 36-38 and am asymptomatic.  I don't pass out or get dizzy after exercise or any time. I am 73 years old and run 30 miles a week and run in 5K and 10K races.  My cardiologist wants to put a pacemaker in because of my low heart rate.  I need some advice!
If you go back to the forums page you will see on the right the expert/Doctor forums check out the heart rythum forum good luck..if you run so much you are doing pretty well.and .running in races, good for you ..
The problem is, with rates below fifty, the atrial pacemaker is not working. Usually this is because there is dead tissue (an infarct), however the atrial pacemaker may be destroyed. Your rate indicates you are on the back-up pacemaker site. There are rare exceptions to this, but normally a rate such as yours does not come from the atrial pacemaker site. The rate comes from the last-ditch-emergency back-up site. If this is the case it makes good sense to get a demand pacemaker while you are still relatively healthy.