Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Community
Just as a thought.. as I lost my 9 week old....
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to SIDS, back sleeping, bedding, breastfeeding, genetics, pacifiers, prenatal care, and prevention.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Just as a thought.. as I lost my 9 week old....

My son would have been 12 now, but 7 days after his 2 month immunizations.. he passed away. the autopsy found that his lungs were congested... however..not enough to cause death... upon researching.. i found that the pertussis shot was one of the shots given.... then.. uponmore digging.. i found so much more.. then.. our pediatrician suggested that we do not vaccinate our children until they were older.. and their immune systems were stronger.. i did more research.. and discovered a long history of adverse immunization reactions in my family.. an uncle... cousins... my first born daughter ... when she received her third set .. had a fever of 106.2.. and was in  the ER, then hospitalized. Richard was a healthy, beautiful breastfed baby.  after he got his 9 week shots.. he changed.. he became more quiet.. and just different.  i chalked it up to him just changing.. as all babies do.... but that night.. before i left for work.. he was just staring into space.... like he was just watching something.. my husband and i thought .. hmmm he must be  areally smart baby.. thinking that hard.... I came home... and he had slipped away.   I called the ME every day. finally.. she called me.. and said that while the immunizations may have had a direct relation to his death, that at that time.. she could only list the cause of death as SIDS.
I had not found out most of the info about the family history.. what goes into the shots.ect .. until after the fact.
I also found out.. that I was in a coma when i was  years old after recieving the MMR shot.  
I believe.. as well as many others.. that immunizations are given far to early. But as parents .. how are we supposed to know this? it isnt our fault!!!   we joined a support group... after Richards death,,, and were shocked to see that over 70 % of the grieving parents who lost their babies had withinthe last two weeks... had had their children immunized.  
Im not stating that getting your childrens shots is bad..for most.. its great... but for some... maybe waiting is better. Look into your family history.. doing the research. I lost a beautiful baby boy.. I feel such sadness for everyone here who has lost a baby to SIDS..and I am not saying that vaccines cause SIDS.. SIDS ... is a name for soemthing that the gvt has no idea what caused it.. I believe many factors are involved. But. blaming ourselves... is something we should never do. GOd bless you all.. and I am so very sorry for your loss....