Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Community
Just as a thought.. as I lost my 9 week old....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to SIDS, back sleeping, bedding, breastfeeding, genetics, pacifiers, prenatal care, and prevention.

My son would have been 12 now, but 7 days after his 2 month immunizations.. he passed away. the autopsy found that his lungs were congested... however..not enough to cause death... upon researching.. i found that the pertussis shot was one of the shots given.... then.. uponmore digging.. i found so much more.. then.. our pediatrician suggested that we do not vaccinate our children until they were older.. and their immune systems were stronger.. i did more research.. and discovered a long history of adverse immunization reactions in my family.. an uncle... cousins... my first born daughter ... when she received her third set .. had a fever of 106.2.. and was in  the ER, then hospitalized. Richard was a healthy, beautiful breastfed baby.  after he got his 9 week shots.. he changed.. he became more quiet.. and just different.  i chalked it up to him just changing.. as all babies do.... but that night.. before i left for work.. he was just staring into space.... like he was just watching something.. my husband and i thought .. hmmm he must be  areally smart baby.. thinking that hard.... I came home... and he had slipped away.   I called the ME every day. finally.. she called me.. and said that while the immunizations may have had a direct relation to his death, that at that time.. she could only list the cause of death as SIDS.
I had not found out most of the info about the family history.. what goes into the shots.ect .. until after the fact.
I also found out.. that I was in a coma when i was  years old after recieving the MMR shot.  
I believe.. as well as many others.. that immunizations are given far to early. But as parents .. how are we supposed to know this? it isnt our fault!!!   we joined a support group... after Richards death,,, and were shocked to see that over 70 % of the grieving parents who lost their babies had withinthe last two weeks... had had their children immunized.  
Im not stating that getting your childrens shots is bad..for most.. its great... but for some... maybe waiting is better. Look into your family history.. doing the research. I lost a beautiful baby boy.. I feel such sadness for everyone here who has lost a baby to SIDS..and I am not saying that vaccines cause SIDS.. SIDS ... is a name for soemthing that the gvt has no idea what caused it.. I believe many factors are involved. But. blaming ourselves... is something we should never do. GOd bless you all.. and I am so very sorry for your loss....
Thank you for posting this.  It made me cry to hear of the loss of your baby.  I hope other people read this to find out if family members have had adverse reactions to vaccinations.

My baby has bronchilitis she got it before her 4 month check up and still has it.  We have to give her medicine using a mask.  I can't help but worry about her.  

Hugs

Athena

I'm so sorry for your loss, even though it was many years ago he will always be your baby.

I have to say I agree 100% about immunizations being given far too early. I didn't have any of mine vaccinated when they should have been as there was a definite link between the tetanus and asthma onset within our family, i refused the tetanus and the Dr said "all or none" so I went with the none.
Years later I had a new Dr and he asked why no vaccinations so I explained, he then went away did some research and gave me a medical paper that proved I was right about the link, also provided proof that the vaccines were changed in 1976 so I should be safe. My children all had their shots eventually and in general are healthy, touches of asthma but nothing too bad. But I was dismayed to read last week that the latest tetanus vaccine has been linked to breathing problem yet again...very scary and am so glad my children are now growing up so I don't have to worry about shots. Of course teenage-hood brings its own worries but I guess that's part and parcel of being a mum

Hugs
Its ironic... that I was given the 1976 MMR.. and thats when i went into a coma.. as well as hundreds of other children... its a sad sad thing that it takes so much tragedy to occur in this world.. for change to occur.  

thankyou for your kind words!!! I pray for your kids.. and for your family.. i always feel like we spin a roulette wheel... huggs to you and yours!!