Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Community
Understanding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to SIDS, back sleeping, bedding, breastfeeding, genetics, pacifiers, prenatal care, and prevention.

Understanding

I can't offer any sound advice to  anyone over the grieving process.But I can share my story and heartache with anyone who wants to listen.And HOPEFULLY offer the compassion and understanding of knowing what it's like to lose the most wonderful thing in the world. The most precious gift of all time, our own child.
   NEVER forget the time we had with her/him and the memories  We MUST always reflect on moments we treasure... In the end,once when the pain and numbness thaws a little, we realize how blessed we ARE to have known our angel for the time that was allowed! We have  memories that we can hold dear, images of our favorite moments etched in our brain that we will NEVER forget. And the most important thing of all, is we get to keep the knowledge we now have of what its like to love and know their precious soul. Never allowing ourselves one second of taking the time we have with our beautiful kids and loved ones for granted! That in itself is a REAL TRUE BLESSING, and for that I am most thankful! I am thinking of everyone who has or is going through this tragedy, praying for their peace of mind and sanity to help pull you through these times or past ones.

There are NOT any words that can use to help comfort you emotionally, with such  deep pain! Instead I hope to
offer  words of understanding and thoughts of encouragement  to please hang in there and know you're not alone. I know the pain will never LESSEN and the hurt will NEVER go away. I know you can't imagine it now- but as time passes we find and learn ways to cope with the loss.

Hugs to you all Always and Forever, AnnaMaria!
I just want to thank you for making such an honest post.  I am so sorry for your loss, but so grateful for what you shared with everyone.  I know your support will help a lot of people on here going through the same thing.