Ways To Deal With The Loss
I don't have a question, more like a suggestion to some of the younger mothers who have recently lost their precious angels to SIDS. I also lost my only son, Paul, to SIDS. He was 54 days old. This was in 1980. Believe me it took almost 20 years for me to finally come to terms with all the loss and pain. Part of the problem was that everyone felt they were helping me by NOT talking about him...when what I really wanted was exactly the opposite, but I think it made them uncomfortable. The best way I have found to deal with the pain and loss is on his birthday or any day that I feel that I just need to "connect" with him, I put notes inside balloons, fill them with helium, and send them to Heaven so that my Special Angel can read them and know that I love and miss him as much today as I did the day he left. It gives me comfort to know that I still have a way to send him a message. It may seem silly or even a bit strange, some family and friends have suggested I needed to see a specialist, which I have already done, but who cares what they think as long as it makes me feel good. It's just a suggestion, something that may help others cope, and I wish someone would have made the suggestion to me many years ago. Please don't put their pictures away like I did, put them up proudly, for they are your "Special Angels", and none can take that away from you.
I'm so sorry for your loss, reading your suggestions put a smile on my face as i had a friend suggest the same balloon idea for my son's 1st birthday, (he would have been 1 in march but died in august) it is a beautiful idea and i'm glad you put it out there for others as it really does work:)
so thank you
and i will be sure to say a prayer for u and your angel baby:)