Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Community
turning blue
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to SIDS, back sleeping, bedding, breastfeeding, genetics, pacifiers, prenatal care, and prevention.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

turning blue

does anyone know if infants that die of sids turn blue?  i read somewhere that sids deaths do not turn blue, if they are blue than they died of asphixiation.  i really need to know  thank you
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
My Daughter did not turn blue. When We realized she wasnt breathing she looked normal. no discoloration at all
Blank
485554 tn?1256003590
babys that die of SIDS dont turn blue, i do believe they only change a bluish color is when they are dead for a while. when my niece passed away from SIDS, she was not blue.
Blank
They actually turn an ashy grey color. I used to work in a NICU when they can't breath their lips can turn blue though.
Blank
1322724 tn?1295416447
My son was gray when he was being held and we noticed that he had stopped breathing. I believe that when someone turns blue it is a sign that their blood has been deoxygenated for some time meaning that the oxygenated blood is completely gone which would happen after a period of time with no breathing. It is merely a sign of death.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Community Resources