Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Community
unexplained death
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to SIDS, back sleeping, bedding, breastfeeding, genetics, pacifiers, prenatal care, and prevention.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

unexplained death

My baby died on 1st may 2010, he was 3 months old. I gave him his milk and put him down in his car seat,because i was in my parents house. I thought he was a sleep and after 2 hours he had blood coming out of his nose, i picked him up, but he was dead. We called the ambulance and took him to hospital. The coroner told me that there was nothing in his post morten, but in his pathology report they picked out that his liver was discoloured. Since he was born, he never had a dry nappy, he always did a dirty nappy all day whilst his feed and constantly there was no clean nappy always dirty. I told my midwife,healthvisitor,G.P, but they all told me it was fine. About 2 months ago he started to have blood in his stool, so i took him to the hospital and they said there was nothing to be worried about, and if it did continue i should speak to my G.P. It did continue and I told my G.P,Health visitor and they told me to give him water. I knew there was something wrong but these professionals told me he was fine. On 29th April I had to take him to the G.P for his 8 weeks injections. I first took him to the Health visitor,she checked him and whilst I had him on the mat he broke strong wind and did his poo. the Health visitor just said to me "it seems he is not happy with his milk and just mentione it to the doctor". After couple a minutes I went in to see the doctor and i told him what the health visitor said and he said to me that we have made a refferel appointment for my son to see an outpatient doctor in hospital. Before he was going to inject him, I said to the doctor that my baby's gum and eyes seems yellow. He said to me that he is fine. And after 2 days my baby dies. There is no one who is giving me any answers, I phoned the coroner if the test have come back, but he says it will take weeks. My baby was lay to rest on the 5th and yet the police have not come to give me his things back. I dont know who to speak or what to do, my head is full of questions, I want to cry but I can't, no one is answering my questions.