Support for Family Members and Friends of Addicts User Group
Loving and Supporting my Spouse
About This Group:

This forum is for people who are trying to help family members or friends with their addiction problems. It is a way to share experiences and to exchange information related to your experiences with helping an addict in their recovery efforts. It is also a place for people with addiction (alcohol, drugs etc.) issues to ask for advice and help.

Founded by Tab57 on July 17, 2010
33 members

Loving and Supporting my Spouse

Hello All.  I am the wife of a wonderful man, who is addicted to pain killers.  You name it, he has either been on it or tried.  It began when he was injured in Iraq.  Now, finally, he has decided to go to treatment.  He did a 2 week detox, and is now 2 weeks in on a 28 day rehab.  I was exhilarated with hope thinking this was an opportunity for a fresh start for us.  Unfortunately, he is letting his emotions overwhelm him and now swears divorce is the only answer.  I am so lost, and confused, and I feel completely unlovable as I have failed him and my family.  I am just looking for support during these times that test my faith.  Thanks to all who read. : )
1 Comment
I am so sorry about your situation. Your husband needs toime to get his emotions under control. It sounds like he is lashing out over his frustration with his present situation. Please don't take this personally at all. I don't you have failed anyone. He has a very serious drug problem that he needs to deal with. At some time during the process he is undergoing he will realize that he is responsibe for all of his problems.

Best of luck to you and please hang in there.
tgtiffany is tired Comment
Nov 17
ROSYouralright commented on photo
Nov 15
ROSYouralright commented on photo
Nov 15