Supraventricular tachycardia User Group
Ablation?
About This Group:

Symptoms of Supreventricular Tachycardia also know as SVT can come on suddenly and can go away without treatment. Episodes of SVT are caused for a reason other than stress, exercise or emotion. They can last a few minutes or as long as 1 or 2 days, sometimes continuing until treated. The rapid beating of the heart during SVT can make the heart a less effective pump so that the cardiac output is decreased and the blood pressure drops. The following symptoms are typical with a rapid pulse of 150–251 beats per minute: Pounding chest Shortness of breath Chest pain Rapid breathing Dizziness Loss of consciousness (in serious cases) Numbness of various body parts If you have SVT this group is for you.

Founded by anxietygad on March 15, 2010
62 members

Ablation?

Dear Group,
I was wondering how many of you have had ablations for your SVT? Of those that have, would you consider your ablation successful? What was your ACTUAL recuperation time? Mine is not yet scheduled but I'm guessing it will be within the next 4-6 weeks. I would really appreciate your feedback!
I had SVT for 20 year before I had my ablation. Mine had been misdiagnosed for all those year. When I finally saw and ep he told my SVT is the easiest fix of all the arrhythmias and mine in particular was very easy to fix. He was right. It's been almost 2 years and I haven't had a single episode of SVT. I've had some PAC runs but there nothing compared to a SVT attack. I had AVNRT SVT and it required only 1 burn to close of the extra pathway in the AV node.

As far as recuperation time? I would say I was fully recuperated within 6 months. The key is to really listen to your body. Some people talk about going back to work right away. I teach school so I had the summer off but was ready when school started.

I'm so glad I had it done. Just make sure you have an ep who really knows what he is doing. Don't be afraid to ask what kind of experience  he's had and what his track record is. Mine taught other doctors how to do this procedure. Good luck.
Thanks so much Merileegal! I am having mine done next Wednesday. It seems odd how many people take longer to heal than what the doctors tell us. Everyone says their doctor tells them one week (including my doctor) but that in reality it takes longer. In any case, I'm just looking forward to being SVT-free (hopefully!), so even if it takes longer to heal, I'm ok with that.
I just had an ablation but i got a question. What is it that heals? The little insert spots in your groin? Ive been healing for a week now and that part apears to be almost healed completly. So is it the heart that heals? Cause i feel like normal except i get very frequent palpitations..
jdcripe14 joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 20
kbug1013 Hello Everyone!!!! Comment
Aug 27
once in a lifetime experience
Aug 27 by kbug1013