Supraventricular tachycardia User Group
SVT an passing out
About This Group:

Symptoms of Supreventricular Tachycardia also know as SVT can come on suddenly and can go away without treatment. Episodes of SVT are caused for a reason other than stress, exercise or emotion. They can last a few minutes or as long as 1 or 2 days, sometimes continuing until treated. The rapid beating of the heart during SVT can make the heart a less effective pump so that the cardiac output is decreased and the blood pressure drops. The following symptoms are typical with a rapid pulse of 150–251 beats per minute: Pounding chest Shortness of breath Chest pain Rapid breathing Dizziness Loss of consciousness (in serious cases) Numbness of various body parts If you have SVT this group is for you.

Founded by anxietygad on March 15, 2010
63 members

SVT an passing out

I am a 36 year old female and was diagnosed with SVT almost two months ago. I have felt my heart race many times since early adulthood. The end of September I had a very fast heart rate, I felt tightness in my chest, then light headed, and next I passed out. When I regained conciousness my heart rate had slowed down, but was still very fast and my neck and left arm were numb and tingly. I went to the ER, EKG and blood work was all normal. I went to the cardiologist the next week and he diagnosed SVT and prescribed Metoprolol tartate 25mg tablets. He also refered me to the cardio electrophysiologist a couple of days later. The electrophysiologist placed a monitor on me for a week. The results of that showed what he called "early beats in the top and bottom of my heart". While wearing the monitor, I did not have symptoms as severe as the one I had initially. Since then, I have still have times where my heart pounds, tightness in my chest and throat, a dull pain in the left side of my chest, I involentarily gasp for air, and I am still have the spells of passing out(doesn't matter if I'm laying down, sitting, or standing, my heart rate goes up and I pass out) I started having some pretty bad depression, so yesterday my cardio switched my medication from Metoprolol to Diltiazem 24hr ER 240mg cap. They have me scheduled for a tilt table test and EP Study with possible ablation next Wednesday. My doctor is also wanting to do an EEG?. Is there any knowledge/advice that anyone can give me. I'm very scared and confused. I know something is wrong, but I feel like my doctor's are clueless. Are these symptoms normal for SVT or could it be something else?
ZEBRA_XXX commented on My AVNRT Story
Jun 11
MN_Autonomic_Gal joined this group
Welcome them!
May 19
researcher09 commented on My AVNRT Story
Apr 04