Aa
A
A
Close
SVT an passing out
I am a 36 year old female and was diagnosed with SVT almost two months ago. I have felt my heart race many times since early adulthood. The end of September I had a very fast heart rate, I felt tightness in my chest, then light headed, and next I passed out. When I regained conciousness my heart rate had slowed down, but was still very fast and my neck and left arm were numb and tingly. I went to the ER, EKG and blood work was all normal. I went to the cardiologist the next week and he diagnosed SVT and prescribed Metoprolol tartate 25mg tablets. He also refered me to the cardio electrophysiologist a couple of days later. The electrophysiologist placed a monitor on me for a week. The results of that showed what he called "early beats in the top and bottom of my heart". While wearing the monitor, I did not have symptoms as severe as the one I had initially. Since then, I have still have times where my heart pounds, tightness in my chest and throat, a dull pain in the left side of my chest, I involentarily gasp for air, and I am still have the spells of passing out(doesn't matter if I'm laying down, sitting, or standing, my heart rate goes up and I pass out) I started having some pretty bad depression, so yesterday my cardio switched my medication from Metoprolol to Diltiazem 24hr ER 240mg cap. They have me scheduled for a tilt table test and EP Study with possible ablation next Wednesday. My doctor is also wanting to do an EEG?. Is there any knowledge/advice that anyone can give me. I'm very scared and confused. I know something is wrong, but I feel like my doctor's are clueless. Are these symptoms normal for SVT or could it be something else?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
A
A
Recent Activity
18992270 tn?1470779735
Blank
Shellalbany uploaded a new photo
Aug 09
18992270 tn?1470779735
Blank
Shellalbany joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 09