Supraventricular tachycardia User Group
SVT
About This Group:

Symptoms of Supreventricular Tachycardia also know as SVT can come on suddenly and can go away without treatment. Episodes of SVT are caused for a reason other than stress, exercise or emotion. They can last a few minutes or as long as 1 or 2 days, sometimes continuing until treated. The rapid beating of the heart during SVT can make the heart a less effective pump so that the cardiac output is decreased and the blood pressure drops. The following symptoms are typical with a rapid pulse of 150–251 beats per minute: Pounding chest Shortness of breath Chest pain Rapid breathing Dizziness Loss of consciousness (in serious cases) Numbness of various body parts If you have SVT this group is for you.

Founded by anxietygad on March 15, 2010
61 members

SVT

I have been getting episodes of SVT regually, I have tried beta blokers but they make me feel so tired when taken everyday so I just have one when I have an episode, my question is to see if anyone has had the operation to get rid of SVT? I am seeing a cardio in a few weeks, I'm guessing they will put me on a holter monitor for 24hrs, but as many of you know SVT is hard to catch, if I don't have an episode during the 24hrs then nothing will be picked up, would it be ok to drink a red bull to get it going? The only problem with this is that if I do, do this it will not stop until I have a beta bloker. Any advice would be muchly appricated x
Tags: svt, cardio, holter
1 Comment
Yes, a lot of us here have had the ablation procedure.  If you go to the "Heart Rhythm" forum, we'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
gon2rsqm commented on 3 years since success...
Jun 21
merileegal commented on 3 years since success...
Apr 10
DeltaDawn23 commented on 3 years since success...
Apr 10