Supraventricular tachycardia User Group
Stress Test SVT
About This Group:

Symptoms of Supreventricular Tachycardia also know as SVT can come on suddenly and can go away without treatment. Episodes of SVT are caused for a reason other than stress, exercise or emotion. They can last a few minutes or as long as 1 or 2 days, sometimes continuing until treated. The rapid beating of the heart during SVT can make the heart a less effective pump so that the cardiac output is decreased and the blood pressure drops. The following symptoms are typical with a rapid pulse of 150–251 beats per minute: Pounding chest Shortness of breath Chest pain Rapid breathing Dizziness Loss of consciousness (in serious cases) Numbness of various body parts If you have SVT this group is for you.

Founded by anxietygad on March 15, 2010
61 members

Stress Test SVT

I am a 39 yr old male and my job sent me for a stress test the other day that was required for a school I must attend.  The school incorporates some moderate exercise into their curriculum. Needless to say I failed the test, at the very end when the treadmill was at its highest incline my BPM went up to about 250.  A little about me, I am fairly active, I run about 4 times a week and never had a problem during any of my runs.  After the test I was told that I needed further testing and had a sonogram and bloodwork done. I also left the office wearing a Holter Monitor. I am really bummed out and kinda scared about the whole thing. I really need to attend this school for career progression now I'm not sure if they will clear me to go.  I went out yesterday and ran a few miles and had no ill effects..I really just don't understand what this all means. Any imput would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening.

Jay
gon2rsqm commented on 3 years since success...
Jun 21
merileegal commented on 3 years since success...
Apr 10
DeltaDawn23 commented on 3 years since success...
Apr 10