Supraventricular tachycardia User Group
ive got svt
About This Group:

Symptoms of Supreventricular Tachycardia also know as SVT can come on suddenly and can go away without treatment. Episodes of SVT are caused for a reason other than stress, exercise or emotion. They can last a few minutes or as long as 1 or 2 days, sometimes continuing until treated. The rapid beating of the heart during SVT can make the heart a less effective pump so that the cardiac output is decreased and the blood pressure drops. The following symptoms are typical with a rapid pulse of 150–251 beats per minute: Pounding chest Shortness of breath Chest pain Rapid breathing Dizziness Loss of consciousness (in serious cases) Numbness of various body parts If you have SVT this group is for you.

Founded by anxietygad on March 15, 2010
62 members

ive got svt

hi all,i had an attack last thursday where i was asllep and rolled over and my whole began to beat with my heart(if that makes sence)it got faster and then the pain in my jaw and both arms and across my shoulders made me get an ambulance,my rate was at 250bpm,they tried to get it down but had to use a drug in the end which made me feel like a dog being put down.its been a week and i was sent home with no meds and told i would see a cardiologist in outpatients,i havent heard anything and am becoming concerned if im meant to be feeling like this.so please help is this normal for someone who has svt??
aching  in the middle of chest that radiates through to my back
Toatal exhaustion and physically tired easily
slight jaw pain
really heavy legs if i walk a short distance
slight pain under breast bone
shallow breathing
im 32 and had a few funny wobblers over the years and put it down to getting up to fast etc,im overweight and smoke,so i know i dont sound healthy but until last thursday i was fine really just tired all the time,ohhh and i will sweat for no reason,im so sorry for going on but im so scared it will happen again,ty for reading xxx
Tags: svt
Hello, just found this forum, previously I've been on the Heart Rhythm group one.

I was diagnosed with SVT last year - went into hospital with heartrate of 240. That drug you described like being put down - I'm guessing its called adenosine. What an awful experience. I've ended up asking the hospital for a letter to say I am resistant to it as it doesnt work on me and its just so awful. I've been to hospital 5 times over the past 18months with these episodes and had about 6 episodes at home where I didnt go to hospital.
I've been on medication since october last year. THey didnt put me on it straight away, and I didnt see a consultant for about 5 months after the first episode.
I've been told that it isnt life-threatening, I have no signs of heart disease etc (I am not a smoker but I am slightly overweight). Having said that, just before my first attack I had lost 2 stone (which i've now put on again) and it doesnt seem to make any difference.

Anyway, I am now being referred for a 'catheter ablation' a surgical procedure to try to cure/get rid of the tissue/cells that are causing my heart to do this.

At the moment I take beta blockers for it, so some of my symptoms are side effects of those, but before i started taking them I also had extreme fatigue, shortness of breath, heavy legs - not all the time mind you.

If you are feeling really worried about it I would suggest booking an appointment with your GP - the hospital should have forwarded your discharge papers to them (assuming your in the UK) and they will be able to get your referral to the cardiologist sorted.

Good luck hun, and dont despair! xx
Hi ive got an appointment with cardiologist on friday first since my attack,i just need to know if this tiredness is normal heavy legs ,sweating and it feels like my heart swells up if i get out of breat doing something,im getting so fed up now as i have a baby and am finding it hard finding the energy to do anything other that the norm.im so scared it will happen again,they said in hospital about me having abilation,but do you think they will wait till i have had more episodes,what brings your heat rate down if the drug doesnt work,do you get shocked as i refused that as that scares the hell out of me,ty for your reply,its nice chatting with someone in the same boat xx
Jannie411 has been SVT-free since Apr... Comment
Dec 08
jdcripe14 joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 20
kbug1013 Hello Everyone!!!! Comment
Aug 27