svt ablation operation
im years away from the op but i already scared, and i have a few questions...
1. what do u wear for the op (one of those hospital dresses or what?)?
2. how long does it last?
3. are there scars afterwards?
4. do u get put to sleep or are you awake?
5. is there pain afterwards?
Hey, don't be scared! I know the thoughts of it can be quite frightening but you're going to be in safe hands, these cardiologists know what they're doing and perform these procedures frequently!
Firstly, I had my ablation last Thursday and I'm not scarred I just have bruising, which should clear after some time -it's not major bruising anyway!
Secondly, they'll talk you through everything before you go on and if you want to know more you can ask! They give you a hospital gown to change into once you get in and disposable pants (they're actually quite comfy believe it or not!)
Everyone's different some people are in and out in under an hour, mine was two hours - it just depends on you!
Thirdly, they say they put you on the verge of sleep - I personally slept and they gave me more drugs when I woke up, I didn't feel pain during the op, I knew my heart was racing but that's all just part of it!
Finally, once again everyone is different! I felt chest pain afterwards but my problem is that they can't give me decent painkillers because if my asthma as try make it worse and make me ill BUT that's just me! It depends How young you are too, There's plenty of other cases where they don't feel much -if any pain after! So stay calm, you'll be grand!
One thing I'd say is don't read up on it loads on the Internet, best of luck to you and if you have any other questions I'll try my best to give you an answer! :)
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
khosa joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 21
kbug1013 uploaded new photos
Feb 23
kbug1013 Happy Heart Month Comment
Feb 23