Supraventricular tachycardia User Group
svt ablation operation
About This Group:

Symptoms of Supreventricular Tachycardia also know as SVT can come on suddenly and can go away without treatment. Episodes of SVT are caused for a reason other than stress, exercise or emotion. They can last a few minutes or as long as 1 or 2 days, sometimes continuing until treated. The rapid beating of the heart during SVT can make the heart a less effective pump so that the cardiac output is decreased and the blood pressure drops. The following symptoms are typical with a rapid pulse of 150–251 beats per minute: Pounding chest Shortness of breath Chest pain Rapid breathing Dizziness Loss of consciousness (in serious cases) Numbness of various body parts If you have SVT this group is for you.

Founded by anxietygad on March 15, 2010
62 members

svt ablation operation

im years away from the op but i already scared, and i have a few questions...
1. what do u wear for the op (one of those hospital dresses or what?)?
2. how long does it last?
3. are there scars afterwards?
4. do u get put to sleep or are you awake?
5. is there pain afterwards?
1 Comment
Hey, don't be scared! I know the thoughts of it can be quite frightening but you're going to be in safe hands, these cardiologists know what they're doing and perform these procedures frequently!
Firstly, I had my ablation last Thursday and I'm not scarred I just have bruising, which should clear after some time -it's not major bruising anyway!
Secondly, they'll talk you through everything before you go on and if you want to know more you can ask! They give you a hospital gown to change into once you get in and disposable pants (they're actually quite comfy believe it or not!)
Everyone's different some people are in and out in under an hour, mine was two hours - it just depends on you!
Thirdly, they say they put you on the verge of sleep - I personally slept and they gave me more drugs when I woke up, I didn't feel pain during the op, I knew my heart was racing but that's all just part of it!
Finally, once again everyone is different! I felt chest pain afterwards but my problem is that they can't give me decent painkillers because if my asthma as try make it worse and make me ill BUT that's just me! It depends How young you are too, There's plenty of other cases where they don't feel much -if any pain after! So stay calm, you'll be grand!
One thing I'd say is don't read up on it loads on the Internet, best of luck to you and if you have any other questions I'll try my best to give you an answer! :)
hesterbox has recovered from ablation... Comment
Dec 25
Jannie411 has been SVT-free since Apr... Comment
Dec 08
jdcripe14 joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 20