Surgery Expert Forum
Abdomen swelling 1 yr post laparotomy

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

Abdomen swelling 1 yr post laparotomy

A year ago in June, I had a laparotomy and exploratory for lymphadenopathy in the abdomen.  My abdomen has always been a little puffy, but now with an additional 15 lbs after the surgery, I look like I am pregnant.  I was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and had a complete response to tx.  The nodes were mostly 1 cm or under so I didn't have bulky tumors.  I have had a PET/CT and another CT in April and there is no fluid and I remain in remission.   I am 64 years old and wonder if there is some kind of exercise to get rid of this bulging abdomen besides losing weight.  Also, is this normal after this type of surgery?  Thank you.
Exercise and an abdominal binder might help
Can someone tell me what kind of exercises to do?  Thanks!