Surgery Expert Forum
Breast Mass

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

Breast Mass

I am a 30 y/o female with no history of BC in my family. My PCP had found a lump during her CBE and sent me for Mammo and Ultrasound evaluation. I have a History of having a Fibroadenoma removed from my rt breast in '97 and one from my lt breast in '02.

I had the evals done and just received the report. I have questions regarding the findings, but only find scary answers on-line. I have called my Dr. with no luck due to the fact she has been out sick all week. Please help me if you can: (i understand you cannot give definate answers, but help in understanding would be wonderful)

Palpable right breast lump 5cm from the nipple demonstrate;   Heterogeneous Vascular Mass measuring 2.5 x 2.3 x 2.8 cm. The Mass is Lobulated with well Circumscribed Margins.

The Radiologist also reported that I needed a referral to a sergeon for an excisional biopsy. That just has to wait untill my Dr. is back from sick leave.

Thank you,
SCARED
All features are highly suggestive f a benign mass (lobulated/ well circumscribed, small mass), however excisional biopsy is advisable (to be on the safer side)
Best wishes
Thank you ver mych for your help. It helps to ease my mind.