Surgery Expert Forum
Exploratory Surgery with no answers

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

Exploratory Surgery with no answers

Since August of 2009 I came down with Pancreatisis and Gastritis. So far I have been on an assortment of antacids, IBS medications, pain killers, pain patches, anti depressants as well as a multitude of invasive and non invasive GI procedures (upper and lower endoscopy) and my most recent, exploratory surgery.

I have clean CT scans, MRI and ultrasounds (abdominal and trans-vaginal). The last straw it seemed was the exploratory surgery and only a OBGYN surgeon would perform the surgery. He thought it was endometriosis even though I don't have any of the signs except for long periods without the birth control pill.

I was sent to an endocrinologist (for HAIT) and a Rheumatologist because they thought I had Lupus due to a positive ANA and Medium SED rate. Now my Thyroid levels are well and my ANA/SED rates are normal; however, I still present with severe abdominal pain (stabbing, throbbing, burning sometimes cramping (all over my abdomen) - btw I stopped eating Gluten and the cramping has gone down some - and I don't have celiacs). EVERY time I eat it hurts. I also have fevers every day, heavy sweating, lethargy, sleeping as much as 18 hours a day. I gain 5-8lbs and then I lose 5-8lbs randomly. Also, my BP is super low 108/60 most of the time and my bpm is almost always in the upper 90's.

Every test is NORMAL but I am beyond frustrated. I feel like I am going insane. I am irritable and moody, had to go on short term disability and I feel like I will never get better.

My Rheumatologist said he would write me a letter of reccomendation for the Mayo Clinic in AZ but I don't know what they would even do. I am kind of nervous it might be a heart or brain condition.

Please let me know any advice, suggestions or anything. I am desperate. I want my life back or at least be able to manage on a daily basis.

Sincerely,
Cristine
Though its a far fetched idea but I think you have a mild type of Scmidt syndrome
Best wishes
Hi Dr RTewari,

I asked my Dr about Schmidt's Syndrome and he gave me some labs to get checked out. Turns out my Cortisol levels are high and I will be getting checked for Cushing's Syndrome.

Thank you for your help. I was able to be pointed in the right direction because of your suggestion.

Sincerely,
Cristine